[Product-Developers] PloneFormGen multi-page forms: confirmation and editing

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:06:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

We're using PloneFormGen with a multi-page form as described here:

http://plone.org/products/ploneformgen/documentation/how-to/create-a-multi-page-form

There are three things I'd like to do, and I'm wondering if anyone's
either attempted this or have thoughts on how hard it'd be to do.

  1) Repeating each field and making them hidden is a bit of a pain. I
was wondering if it'd be possible to create a new type of field that'd
basically just collate all fields from the previous request (i.e. all
values in the request less any fields on the current form) and passed
them along as hidden fields. Would that be feasible?

  2) We want to show a "confirm your entry" page as the last page before
the form is complete. Is there any way to do that?

  3) On this form, we'd like to show 'edit' buttons next to either
individual fields, or field sets representing pages in the form,
allowing the user to edit their details. Is there any way to do this?

Cheers,
Martin