[Product-Developers] Re: can you help me (error with archgenXML)

Bob Kline bkline at rksystems.com
Fri May 1 15:22:14 UTC 2009

tuanpm3000 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Dear Bob
> I use ArgoUML to make HelloWord example, but when i use archgenXML , i have an error:
>
> "ValueError: datatype default -java.xmi#....................not defined"
>
> May you see me in detail how to solve it ?
> Thanks you.

First of all, as you can see from my public postings on this topic, I'm
getting the same error you're getting.  Second, it's very inappropriate
to bypass the public forums by sending private requests for assistance
to people you don't know instead of posting your questions publicly.
This is true for many reasons.  Here are a couple:

   1. To the extent that problems with software packages are not
      reported publicly, the maintainers of those packages will be
      unaware of the extent of those problems.  For example, if I post a
      problem report publicly, and 100 people write me privately asking
      me to help them solve the same problem, the developers of the
      package with the problem will think I'm the only one with the problem.
   2. If you convince someone to solve your problem for you privately,
      none of the other people experiencing that problem will benefit
      from that assistance.  That might be fine if you're paying for
      that assistance, but that's not what's happening here.

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com
mailto:bkline at rksystems.com