[Product-Developers] Re: PloneLanguageTool uniqueness

Radim Novotny novotny.radim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:00:54 UTC 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:

> On 17.03.2009 13:39 Uhr, Radim Novotny wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to make site structure, where will be several navigation
>> roots and each navigation root should have different set of available
>> languages (International site with national subsites, each in at leas
>> two languages - english and national language).
>>
>> I'm trying to hack it now. I passed through several problems and got it
>> almost working.
>>
>> So, my question is: is there any reason why portal_languages tool must
>> be UniqueObject ?
>
> Because there are other ways achieve your goal. The language tool is
> able to choose the language based on path information and from the
> request. This should be the road to follow. You might check the language
> tool implementation for details.

hm and would I be able to define different available languages in
different levels?

root (en only)
   |- site1 (en, de)
   |    |- subsite1 (en, de, fr, whatever)
   |- site2 (en, it)
      etc...

There are going to be three levels of sites (intl, continental, country)
     and each may have different set of available languages, where the
main (root) site should be english only. If I define EN in the Plone
site root portal_languages, no other language will be available in the
subsites IMO. Additionaly I want to use LinguaPlone and allow to
translate to the languages available in the particular subsite only.

--
Radim