[Product-Developers] hidden description in event object

deesto john.destefano at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:26:12 UTC 2009

Hi Maurits,

On Mar 12, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Maurits van Rees-3 (via Nabble) wrote:
> If you are overriding so many things of that field, I would say: just
> create a new field.  Literally copy over the lines of ATEvent and
> change it to what you want.

Would you recommend doing so even though the basic function remains
the same, and I just need to change a small thing or two about each
attribute (such as the wording in the description of the field,
etc.)?  Wouldn't I then lose the advantages of any updated versions of
the ATEvent as they come along?

> An Archetypes field also has a raw version. In this case it should be
> self.getRawDescription().  See if that gives you what you want.

Currently I pull this field into the object thusly:
     copied_fields['description'],

How/where would I use getRawDescription() to pull in the raw version
into the object?  or is this not possible with copied fields?

Thank you,
~John