[Product-Developers] How to change workflow states on all objects in a container?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Wed Mar 11 20:34:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

In Products.todo (https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.todo/trunk)
I have a folderish 'Todo Item' content type that can contain one or more 'Todo Item'(s).

I've just added a workflow that contains states: 'not done', 'done' and when state
is changed on a todo item with todo items inside of it, I want to change state
for all of those objects.

What is the best way to do that?

I'm thinking the "old way" of doing a catalog search or ZopeFind each time
is not be the best way. Is there a "new way" (i.e. using Zope Component Architecture)
I should try instead ?

Any thoughts appreciated,

Thx

--