[Product-Developers] Re: GenericSetup, uninstall and propertiestool object

JeanMichel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Wed Mar 11 11:56:16 UTC 2009

setup tool exist to help you setup your app.
portal quick installer also, most of the time developer don't create any
uninstall script. But quickinstaller track created object, and if you
uninstall just delete them.

In my opinion, don't try to uninstall anything, don't try to install modules
on production server except if you know what you are doing. Uninstall is a
pain and depends on the integration you have done.

Most of the time, i m starting by installing on a dev instance the product,
next i m testing it, next i m reading the code, and finaly if the customer
whant its feature i integrate it to the project (i apply the profile of the
product, and next apply the integration profile that fix most of wrong configs
done by other products)

My wish would be to delete quickinstaller and portal_setup on production
server :)

--
Cordialement,
Jean-Michel FRANCOIS