[Product-Developers] Re: Simple extension policy product doesn't show in Products

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jun 24 19:26:51 UTC 2009

rcecil, on 2009-06-24:

> Hi Maurits,
>
> Thanks for the help.  Indeed what I was referring to was
> portal_quickinstaller, at the Plone instance, not the Products in the Zope
> root control panel. I'm not clear at this point why it shows up in the
> latter and not the former. What defines what shows up in the Plone site?

Only products that have installation code are listed in the
portal_quickinstaller.  Practically speaking: you need a GenericSetup
profile.  There should be a chapter in Martin's book that talks about
those.

There is hardly anything in your code yet, so there is also nothing
that needs installing yet.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/