[Product-Developers] Adapters for cataloged objects

Taito Horiuchi taito.horiuchi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:51:42 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Can somebody tell me what is the best practice to adapts adapters to
cataloged objects?

For example, I have ATDocument cataloged as
Products.ZCatalog.Catalog.mybrains object.

I have adapter MyAdapter which adapts ATDocument and provide IMyAdapter.

To Adapt this cataloged object, I need to wake it up by using getObject()
method like:

IMyAdapter(cataloged_object.getObject())

Waking up object from zodb is not good practice so, I wonder how you guys do
this better.

Please let me share your better way of dealing with this.

Taito