[Product-Developers] Re: subclass ATWorkgroup

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 17 21:05:01 UTC 2009

cswank wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to subclass ATWorkgroup.  When my __init__:
>
> def __init__(self, *args, **kw):
>         super(Vendor, self).__init__(*args, **kw)
>
>  gets called I get the following error:
>
> TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Depending on how ATWorkgroup is defined it might not support
calling 'super'. Try calling

    ATWorkgruop.__init__(self,*args,**kw)

(or similar) instead (ATWorkgroup being the class here).
This may well apply to all AT-based types.

I simply don't know whether we moved the entire stack to
using new-style classes by now.

Does that make a difference?

Raphael