[Product-Developers] subclass ATWorkgroup

cswank craig_swank at nrel.gov
Tue Jun 16 20:24:41 UTC 2009

Hello,
I am trying to subclass ATWorkgroup.  When my __init__:

def __init__(self, *args, **kw):
        super(Vendor, self).__init__(*args, **kw)

 gets called I get the following error:

TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

When I set a pdb trace to see what obj is, it is an instance 'type', but it
has no memory address.  Is there something I'm missing when I am doing this?

Thanks,

Craig

PS.  The only reason I'm doing this is because I want the title field of my
content type to be populated with a SelectionWidget.  Perhaps there is some
way I can do this without subclassing?