[Product-Developers] Plone(?) Zope(?) Python(?) HTTP(?) security question

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Sun Jun 14 18:44:08 UTC 2009

Andreas Jung-5 wrote:

> Are you sure that you see is *really* a dict - take the debugger and
> figure that
> out. Nothing everything looking like a dict has to be a dict.

Aha!

Here are two more event.log lines printed from my tool's submitRequest():

2009-06-14T13:31:25 INFO Groups/tools/s3_tool.py: submitRequestToS3(): end
	 type(response) = <class 'httplib2.Response'>
	 type(response.copy()) = <type 'dict'>

So presumably the httplib2.Response object was carrying some class security
info, and that's what evoked the error in my script.  And the .copy()
method, applied to that object by submitRequest() (which has adequate
privileges), produced an actual Python dict.  Right?

~ Thanks, Andras
~ Ken