[Product-Developers] Problem with PTC test setup/now 'roadrunner issue

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Sun Jun 14 17:17:16 UTC 2009

On Jun 14, 2009, at 5:41 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
> The current test code looks like this:
>
> PloneTestCase.installProduct('vs.event')
> PloneTestCase.setupPloneSite(extension_profiles=('vs.event:default',))
>
> @onsetup
> def setup_package():
>
>  ZopeTestCase.installPackage('vs.event')
>  zcml.load_config('configure.zcml', vs.event)
>
> setup_package()
>
> class TestBase(PloneTestCase.FunctionalTestCase):
>
>    def afterSetUp(self):
>        ZopeTestCase.utils.setupCoreSessions(self.app)
> #        zcml.load_config('configure.zcml', vs.event)
>        self.membership = self.portal.portal_membership
>        self.membership.addMember('god', 'secret', ['Manager'], [])
>
> class VSEventTest(TestBase):
>
>    def testCalendarToolCheck(self):
>        pc = self.portal.portal_calendar
>        self.assertEqual(pc.meta_type, 'Chronos Calendar Tool')

You need to move your installProduct/setupPloneSite calls to be after
the setup_package() call; otherwise your product's ZCML hasn't
loaded.  You might also need to move the ztc.installPackage call below
the zcml.load_config call.

I always refer to Martin's example test setup in PPD; it has worked
consistently for me when using roadrunner.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup