[Product-Developers] Post-create update of a reference field

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Jun 12 10:50:22 UTC 2009

On 11.06.09 15:09, Hedley Roos wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> following use case: an AT-Event derived content-type contains provides
>> a "create sub-event" link within its default view. Clicking on the link
>> will create a new event and add the new event to a referencefield within
>> the original event (standard master-slave relationship). This works fine
>> with invokeFactory() and updating the related fields within a browser
>> view.
>> However I want to use portal_factory in order to avoid orphan event. Any
>> idea
>> how to update the referencefield of the master event after the creating
>> of the
>> slave event through portal_factory?
>>
>> Andreas
>>

> Hi Andreas
>
> Have you tried setting keepReferencesOnCopy=1 on the field which
> references the sub-event?

keepReferencesOnCopy seems to be a dead horse. There is no code -
neither in Archetypes
nor Plone actually using it :-)

Andreas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Handelsregister A 381535
Geschäftsführer/Gesellschafter: ZOPYX Limited, Birmingham, UK