[Product-Developers] Re: Post-create update of a reference field

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 12 07:31:43 UTC 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> following use case: an AT-Event derived content-type contains provides
> a "create sub-event" link within its default view. Clicking on the link
> will create a new event and add the new event to a referencefield within
> the original event (standard master-slave relationship). This works fine
> with invokeFactory() and updating the related fields within a browser view.
> However I want to use portal_factory in order to avoid orphan event. Any
> idea
> how to update the referencefield of the master event after the creating
> of the
> slave event through portal_factory?

Isn't that exactly what happens if you enable 'add item' on the
reference field itself (assuming proper configuration of target
folder and portal type on the field/widget) and have your custom
link trigger whatever the 'add' button on the default edit form
does?

Guess I'm missing something ...

Raphael