[Product-Developers] Local utilities - ComponentLookupError

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jun 9 13:19:51 UTC 2009

I'm trying to implement a local utility in the manner suggested by Martin
Aspeli on p 275+ of /Professional Plone Development/.

The control panel stuff works fine - the entries in the configlet persist
over restarts of the system, and clearly the componentregistry.xml is right,
because (a) I can see it in portal_setup, and (b) the configlet works.

However, if I try to use the utility in Zope startup code (from
configure.zcml) I get a ComponentLookupError.

Is there some point in the startup process that I have to wait for before I
can use local utilities?  Or do I have to physically do something to set the
"Site" before I can use local utilities in startup code?
--
derek