[Product-Developers] Re: External content framework for Plone

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Jun 8 20:21:34 UTC 2009

Mikko Ohtamaa, on 2009-06-05:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a (common?) problem that I need to embed content from external
> sources to Plone site.
>
> I have divided this problem to three subproblems:
>
> - Knowing what external content is available (query)
>
> - Traversing content on Plone site and indexing it to Plone search indices
> (mounting content to some point of Plone site)
>
> - Adding references to external content from normal Archetypes objects
> (ReferenceField)

Sounds like a job for feedfeeder:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.feedfeeder
http://plone.org/products/feedfeeder/

(Hm, I should do another release.)

Add a feed folder with references to one or more rss/atom feeds.
Click the update feed items action.  Feedfeeder then parses the feeds
and creates content items in the Plone Site.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/