[Product-Developers] Re: archgenxml 2.4.1 doesn't generate setup.py

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Wed Jun 3 08:02:30 UTC 2009

Am Wed, 03 Jun 2009 09:42:57 +0200 schrieb Mirto Silvio Busico:

> Mybe I'm very dumb, but:
>
> I create the skeleton egg with paster and I don't have any src
> directory.

cosmetics and in some rare cases it helps to get things separated easier.

> The command I used in the products directory is: sudo
> ../bin/paster create -t archetype products.msbgas3

well, i dont use paster since i dont like its structure.

you need a namespace Products. Its easy to achieve manually, but no idea
how it works with paster. I assume some option let you use namespaces.

as far as i know Vincent Fretin started a paster template for an
archgenxml specific structure.

@Vincent: correct me if i'am wrong, but is there something available
already?

regards Jens

> But I obtain this tree (without any src directory):
>
> mirto at msb02:/usr/local/Plone/zeocluster/products$ tree . .
> |-- README.txt
> `-- products.msbgas3
>     |-- CHANGES.txt
>     |-- CONTRIBUTORS.txt
>     |-- MANIFEST.in
>     |-- README.txt
>     |-- docs
>     |   |-- HISTORY.txt
>     |   |-- INSTALL.txt
>     |   |-- LICENSE.GPL
>     |   `-- LICENSE.txt
>     |-- msbgas3
>     |   |-- __init__.py
>     |   `-- msbgas3
[...]

--
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance