[Product-Developers] Re: archgenxml 2.4.1 doesn't generate setup.py

Jens W. Klein jens at bluedynamics.com
Wed Jun 3 06:37:12 UTC 2009

Am Tue, 02 Jun 2009 21:07:09 +0200 schrieb Mirto Silvio Busico:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to start to (re)develop plone products. My experience was
> with the 2.5 way.
>
> First I installed le latest plone with unified installer (with zeo
> parameter).
>
> Now I'm trying to create a new product with archgenxml 2.4.1 (from
> pypi). I create the helloworld product and the generation was ok. Then I
> copied the product in the [plone install]/zeocluster/src directory;
> added the helloworld lines in the [plone
> install]/zeocluster/buildout.cfg file.
>
> But when I launch the buildout it says that the helloworld prduct is
> missing the setup.py file
>
> And in the archgenxml product there is no setup.py file.
>
> Question: how can i use archgenxml to create products that can be
> included in the plone buildout?

I usally create the eggs structure manually or using paster. Then I put
the model in the 'Products' directory of the package and run and use
ArchGenXML from there as usal.

Afterwards it looks like:

Products.ZZTypes/
|-- README.txt
|-- setup.py
`-- src
    |-- Products
    `-- Products.ZZTypes.egg-info

hth
--
Jens W. Klein - Klein & Partner KEG - BlueDynamics Alliance