[Product-Developers] Re: Re: Google Wave and Plone

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jun 3 00:47:48 UTC 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:

> :-) The point is: jump on the train when it passes by but not when it is
> 50 miles away. Too many projects or ideas failed or ended like a barrel
> burst just be of the sake for having tried out something cool or without
> having a real concept :-)

Absolutely, but if it's like trains, then you have to figure we have a copy
of the train schedule, and we can tell whether the next train is going
somewhere we'd like to be.  And if it is, we want to be on the platform
waiting when it comes along.  You have a real train network, so you wouldn't
understand how important it is to get on the train that goes where you want
- because otherwise our government will decide we don't need it, and slash
the schedule yet again.

Oh, how I love to mangle a metaphor...
--
derek