[Product-Developers] vice status?

Jon Stahl jon at onenw.org
Tue Jun 2 20:51:36 UTC 2009

> From: Matthew Wilkes [mailto:matt at matthewwilkes.name]
> On 2 Jun 2009, at 21:26, Jon Stahl wrote:
>
> > Seems like it's been a while since there's been much activity on
> Vice,
> > and that the product has an indeterminate release status.
>
> It has indeed.  We made it to a good state at the DC conference, but
> Derek's PhD workload became too high for him to maintain the package,
> so stepped aside.  Paul and I both felt we couldn't do it justice,
> given our schedules.  It has languished a bit.

Totally understandable.

> > What needs to happen to get a reasonable beta out
> > the door and in a state where it can be used and improved upon?
>
> There is a rc out, that needs testing, and we need to pull together
> and get some momentum going again, something that Derek mentioned to
> me a couple of days ago that he wants to get the ball rolling on.

Cool, one thing that might help is to actually get that RC listed at
http://plone.org/products/vice, which currently shows the old alpha
release.

I'd love to start giving it some testing, but I don't want to do that
until/unless y'all are fairly well convinced that it's solid.

:jon