[Product-Developers] vice status?

Matthew Wilkes matt at matthewwilkes.name
Tue Jun 2 20:34:39 UTC 2009

On 2 Jun 2009, at 21:26, Jon Stahl wrote:

> Seems like it's been a while since there's been much activity on Vice,
> and that the product has an indeterminate release status.

It has indeed.  We made it to a good state at the DC conference, but
Derek's PhD workload became too high for him to maintain the package,
so stepped aside.  Paul and I both felt we couldn't do it justice,
given our schedules.  It has languished a bit.

> What needs to happen to get a reasonable beta out
> the door and in a state where it can be used and improved upon?

There is a rc out, that needs testing, and we need to pull together
and get some momentum going again, something that Derek mentioned to
me a couple of days ago that he wants to get the ball rolling on.

Matt