[Product-Developers] archgenxml 2.4.1 doesn't generate setup.py

Mirto Silvio Busico mirtosilvio.busico at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jun 2 19:07:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to start to (re)develop plone products. My experience was
with the 2.5 way.

First I installed le latest plone with unified installer (with zeo
parameter).

Now I'm trying to create a new product with archgenxml 2.4.1 (from pypi).
I create the helloworld product and the generation was ok.
Then I copied the product in the [plone install]/zeocluster/src
directory; added the helloworld lines in the [plone
install]/zeocluster/buildout.cfg file.

But when I launch the buildout it says that the helloworld prduct is
missing the setup.py file

And in the archgenxml product there is no setup.py file.

Question: how can i use archgenxml to create products that can be
included in the plone buildout?

Thanks
    Mirto