[Product-Developers] Re: Google Wave and Plone

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 2 09:16:22 UTC 2009

Andreas Jung wrote:
> On 01.06.09 11:16, James Purser wrote:
>> Now that Google has announced Wave. is anyone having a look at what it
>> could bring to plone in terms of Collaborative capabilities?
>>
>> I know it's only been announced, but I think it's certainly something to
>> look into.
> It's worth to look into as soon as it becomes alive. Until then Google Wave
> is vaporware and one must not discuss about it :-)

Whether it's vaporware or not:

   http://code.google.com/apis/wave/samples/

provides a couple of pointers on where this is heading.

But I agree it is a bit too early to work on integrating something
that's still floating (API wise) and non-public.

For the high-level considerations - like: is this interesting? -
I won't stop those who have fun with that ...

Just my 2 cents.

	Raphael