[Product-Developers] Need Help Configuring Zope Behind Apache

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Jul 28 02:39:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Mark Phillips
<mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Ricardo Newbery <ric at digitalmarbles.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jul 27, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
>>
>>  I am having a terrible time trying to get my zope server to work behind
>>> apache 2.2.9. I am running an Debian server with plone 2.5.5.
>>>
>>>   [...]
>>
>>>    RewriteEngine on
>>>
>>>    # use RewriteLog to debug problems with your rewrite rules
>>>    # disable it after you found the error our your harddisk will be
>>> filled *very fast*
>>>    RewriteLog "/var/log/apache2/rewrite_log"
>>>    RewriteLogLevel 3
>>>
>>>    RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
>>>        http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/<http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%%7BSERVER_NAME%7D%3A80/>ahs/newspaper/VirtualHostRoot/$1
>>> [L,P]
>>>
>>>    ProxyRequests On
>>>
>>>    <Proxy *>
>>>      Order Deny,Allow
>>>      Deny from All
>>>      Allow from ahsnews.com
>>>    </Proxy>
>>>

>> "ProxyRequests On" makes your Apache a forward proxy.  You want a simple
>> reverse proxy.  Dump that line and the following Proxy block.
>>
>> Ric
>>

>> Ric,
>
> Thanks...I did what you suggested, but I still get the dreaded 403 error
> and no access to my site. Any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mark

oops...forgoet to copy the plone developers list. Also, some further
information - here is the error from the apache logs:

[Mon Jul 27 19:37:18 2009] [error] [client 68.231.182.244] client denied by
server configuration: proxy:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/ahsnews.com:80/ahs/newspaper/VirtualHostRoot/

The server is remote, and the client (68.231.182.244) is the computer on my
desk.

Mark