[Product-Developers] GenericSetup GroupData import step

Johannes Schwenk johannes.schwenk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:15:44 UTC 2009

Hello again!

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction as to how I
can have a GS import step/handler for groupdata_properties.xml?

More information:

I am using

    *  Plone 3.2.2
    * CMF 2.1.2
    * Zope (Zope 2.10.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)
    * Python 2.4.4 (#1, Jan 28 2008, 15:57:09) [GCC 4.1.2 (Ubuntu
4.1.2-0ubuntu4)]
    * PIL 1.1.6

As I discovered so far, there is plone_gs
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.plone_gs/0.3.1) for plone 2.5 that adds
GS support. Among others it registers an import step for a file
called "groupdata_properties.xml". This is what I need! Why isn't it part of
GS in Plone 3? And how can I simulate/integrate/add/provide such an import
step...

Thanks!
Johannes