[Product-Developers] Re: How do I manage 'private' objects w/custom wf?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 14 10:59:47 UTC 2009

Alex Clark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a product that aims to use workflow to manage state
> for 'todo item':
>     - http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.todo/trunk/
>
> I.e. 'done' or 'not done'
>
> Works well, but I just noticed that my todo items are all visible
> to anonymous, how do I fix this?
>
> I'm guessing maybe I need to remove a permission on that wf state…

Why don't you play around in ZMI with the workflow tool a bit.
You'll find that you can define yourself which permissions to
manage by each individual workflow, find how to set those permissions
for the different states (states have a 'permissions' tab too which
is different from the tool's one) and so on.

Once happy with what you came up with you can export the workflow
definition using GS (portal_setup).

Last but not least don't forget to click on 'Update security settings'
on the workflow tool should you have made changes to the permission
settings in ZMI that you want to take effect on existing content
subject to that workflow.

Raphael