[Product-Developers] old content import in Plone 3

francoise fcodvpt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 08:31:21 UTC 2009

Hello,

As I saw a post on content export / import, I posting my current import
problem.

I am working on migrating content from a Plone 1 site to a Plone 3 site, i
am using pickle instead of ini files as I saw Andreas Jung blog [1] after I
succeeded in exporting / importing a few elements with pickle.

As I am a slow-coding person, not well knowing Archetypes, I would like to
know how to set the workflow state property of my content objects without
executing transitions.

The imported content objects, created by invokeFactory(), are in "private"
state and most (if not all) of the imported content objects must be in
"published" state.

Thanks for your ideas

[1]
http://www.zopyx.de/blog/when-the-plone-migration-fails-doing-content-migration-only/

Thanks to Martin Aspeli for his Professional Plone Development book wich
make me discover DocFinderTab and Clouseau