[Product-Developers] Collage + LinguaPlone

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Thu Jul 2 12:47:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

Le 2 juil. 09 à 13:36, Jens W. Klein a écrit :

[...]

> Which is wrong! We should have:
>
> .
> |-- meinfolder
> |   ` -- meinecollage
> |        `--row-de
> |           `--col-de
> |              `--meindoc
> |
> `-- myfolder
>    `-- mycollage
>        `-- row
>            `-- col
>                `-- mydoc
>
> This would imply that we need column and row inherit from LinguaPlone
> base classes.

As long as this is an *option*, LinguaPlone should *never* be a
requirement for Collage. And LP should never be a stopper for Collage
evolutions.

> LinguaPlone wont copy the rows/columns layouts to the translation,
> so we
> need subscribers to IObjectTranslatedEvent for initial copying and an
> IObjectModified event for copy on subsequent mofifications performing
> this task.
>
> Keeping layouts over translations synced is probably a good idea for
> every type inside of collage.

I'm not sure all multilingual sites need to have Collage synched
within translations. I made some multilingual intranets with -
intentional - dissymetrical contents, including Collage contents.
If your use case requires this, it should be an option.

Thanks for your contributions to Collage Jens.
--
Gilles Lenfant