[Product-Developers] hiding or restrict access to the "Policy..." workflow menu

Mike Revoir mrevoir at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 01:58:51 UTC 2009

Hello. I'd like to hide the "Policy..." menu item from most users but it
seems that if Placeful Workflow is installed that plone.app.contentmenu adds
this item in WorkflowMenu.getMenuItems(). What is the suggested way of
hiding or restricting access to menu items like this and "Advanced..."? One
thing that comes to mind is overriding this method and then removing the
menu item from the results returned by plone.app.contentmenu but that seems
fairly fragile. The other would be to hide the item using CSS, but I'd like
Managers to be able to access that menu item if they desire.

Thanks,

Mike