[Product-Developers] best way to require Authenticated role for viewlet

Kees Hink hink at gw20e.com
Mon Jan 26 12:43:22 UTC 2009

I've set permission="cmf.SetOwnPassword" in browser/configure.zcml for a viewlet
which i want to hide from Anonymous (not logged-in) users. I found this
permission in Products/Five/permissions.zcml, and it does what i want.

But would you say it's the best way? Is there a permission that defines "being
authenticated" more directly?

Remarks:
- I would like to be able to achieve it without using TAL in the template.
- I am aware that i could also modify the view's code to include some logic.
- The viewlet is a footer, which is present on all pages.

Cheers,

Kees