[Product-Developers] Re: custom member for huge sites

Hedley Roos hedley at upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu Jan 22 13:50:35 UTC 2009

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS wrote:
> I m supporting a website based on Plone2.5 with 10 000 members and 130
> 000 items with plone based member plugins and a intranet with remember
> (it has 1000 members). Here is my feedback:

We have a site with 350 000 members. My feedback follows.

> If you use remember you will have more fonctionnality but it is dame
> slow on creation, edit and reindex.

Use queryplan and schematuning and your problems should disappear. I
also monkey patch setLoginTimes to not do anything (I don't see the
point of writing to the ZODB when logging in).

> I have tryied to index base member and the bug i have had is simple:
> brain.getObject failed because the path is
> /myplone/portal_memberdata/mymemberid and this is not traversable, i
> mean you can not traverse anything to get the 'member' object.

It works for me, but then again my member accounts live in a folder
called members. Still, that should not make a difference.

Hedley