[Product-Developers] Re: custom member for huge sites

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Thu Jan 22 12:59:35 UTC 2009

I m supporting a website based on Plone2.5 with 10 000 members and 130
000 items with plone based member plugins and a intranet with remember
(it has 1000 members). Here is my feedback:

If you keep based plone members implementation you will not beeing able
to use the members control panel. Search do not work with more than 1
000 members.
If you use remember you will have more fonctionnality but it is dame
slow on creation, edit and reindex.

I have tryied to index base member and the bug i have had is simple:
brain.getObject failed because the path is
/myplone/portal_memberdata/mymemberid and this is not traversable, i
mean you can not traverse anything to get the 'member' object.