[Product-Developers] ArchgenXML: "aggregating" results, egg creation

Alberto Lopes alberto at alopes.com
Tue Jan 20 13:34:02 UTC 2009

Dear fellas,

I am starting to look at ArchGenXML, I got these questions:

1 - Suppose I create two types, Foo that is composed of 0...* Bars. I'd like
to create something like a "report" on the Bar items when I go to the view
(or a specialized) display of Foo item. Two examples come to my mind: in a
OrganizationDatabase I'd like to see a organizational chart of the Person
items; in a "TripRequestCenter" item I'd like to see a report on the total
number of TripRequests in "under-analysis" state.

What is the best strategy for doing this? Would I need to write page
tamplates as well as python scripts?

2 - When I run AGX, it creates an old-style product I should move to the
Products folder for my Plone installation. What is the strategy here to
deploy it in a production environment, based on buildout?

3 - Is there a way to configure AGX to create python eggs?

Best regards,

Alberto