[Product-Developers] ContentProviderLookupError when calling my.viewlet.manager from another custom product

SimO simahawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:55:51 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I created my own custom viewlet manager for a my custom ATtype in the
browser/configure.zcml of the same custom ATtype:

[...]

   <browser:viewletManager

       name="myproduct.productsViewletManager"

       provides=".interfaces.IProductsViewletManager"

       class="plone.app.viewletmanager.manager.OrderedViewletManager"

       permission="zope2.View"

       />

   <browser:viewlet

       name="myproduct.productsviewlet"

       manager=".interfaces.IProductsViewletManager"

       class=".viewlets.ProductsViewlet"

       layer="myproduct.theme.browser.interfaces.IThemeSpecific"

       permission="zope2.View"

       template="products_viewlet.pt"

   />

[...]

I need to call it from a view of another product of mine with the usual
syntax:

myproduct.productsViewletManager" />

but I get "ContentProviderLookupError".

What's wrong with this?

I defined and used other viewlet managers in myprod.theme package and
everything worked fine but every time I try to call them from other
prods there's no way to get it work...