[Product-Developers] SignupSheet KupuError conflicts - fixed in a new branch

David Bain david.bain at alteroo.com
Fri Jan 16 11:53:08 UTC 2009

I consistently found that I was receiving this error when installing products ::

        KupuError: Resource type: linkable, invalid type: SignupSheet

I've identified the problem to be a "promiscuous" setupVarious method
in the setuphandler.py file.

effectively the setupVarious method was of SignupSheet was being
triggered whenever ANY product was being installed via quickinstaller
(if figure via portal_setup as well). This is fine if signupsheet is
already installed via quickinstaller, in your portal and there are no
symtoms, but is very messy otherwise.

I've fixed it in a branch
(http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/SignupSheet/branches/0.3.1-generic-setup-fix/
), for anyone who is interested. Eventually I'd like to see it just
merged into trunk.

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/SignupSheet/branches/0.3.1-generic-setup-fix/

Also SignupSheet could do with some captcha support and "eggification".

--
SplashStart - Professional Websites. Starting Now.
http://www.splashstart.com