[Product-Developers] Catalog search for a custom member type

SimO simahawk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 09:59:09 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have my custom member type (membrane+remember) which has a StringField
named "categories"

and I need to filter my custom search on the content of this field.

I added index and metadata (both called "categories").

If I search for it with the basic Plone search, passing the category in
the SearchableText index

I can find what I'm looking for but if I try to search passing the name
of the field/index it doesn't work.

Here's the query that works: {'SearchableText': 'something', 'path':
{'query': '/ic19'}, 'Type': 'MyMember'}

Here's the query that doesn't work: {'categories': 'something', 'path':
{'query': '/ic19'}, 'Type': 'MyMember'}

What's wrong? Any suggestion will be much appreciated...

SimO