[Product-Developers] Running all Plone tests?

Chris Rossi chris at christophermrossi.com
Sat Jan 10 15:42:16 UTC 2009

I guess what I'm trying to glean, though, is whether it is a normal thing to
want to run all of the tests and whether there is an expectation that they
will all pass in a vanilla install.  If there is no expectation of such,
amongst the community, then I'm not inclined to investigate further why
individual tests are failing.  I am perfectly happy to just run the tests
for my packages and leave well enough alone.  If I were doing coding that
affected the core, though, I would be more concerned, since I'd be wondering
how to establish a good baseline for regression testing.

To  ask in a different way, when Mr. Aspeli, in his tutorial on testing,
says to "run all of the tests" what does he mean by "all"?  All of the tests
for your package?  Or, really, all of the tests?

Thanks!
Chris