[Product-Developers] Re: ZopeSkel eggs

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Tue Jan 6 22:24:50 UTC 2009

Josh Johnson wrote:
> Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sorry if this is the wrong list to discuss ZopeSkel; lemme know where
>> else it should happen.
>>
>> I really like the way the Z3 community includes a minimal buildout in
>> its eggs.
>>
>> That buildout allows the developers to run all tests for the given egg.
>>
>> I'd like to change ZopeSkel to produce eggs/themes that allow the same
>> (iow that include a minimal buildout).
>>
>> What do you think of this ?
>>
> -1
>
> I like doing things that way too, but I don't think it's something
> ZopeSkel should be doing for you.
>
> You can accomplish the same end without modifying ZopeSkel. For an
> example, see
> http://lionfacelemonface.wordpress.com/zopeskel-archetypes-howto/
>
> JJ

I read through quickly. I see how to include an egg in a buildout. I do
not see how to do the opposite, include a buildout into an egg.

usual Z3 egg just have bootstrap.py and buildout.cfg at the root of the
egg as can be seen in

http://svn.zope.org/zope.tal/trunk/

Running paster create -t plone3_buildout does much more if I remember well.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be