[Product-Developers] Re: ZopeSkel eggs

Josh Johnson joshjohnson.cpc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:04:42 UTC 2009

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> I do
> not see how to do the opposite, include a buildout into an egg.

Eggs don't have buildouts. The zope3 eggs don't have buildouts in them.
The source distribution does, but not the eggs. (that's nitpicking, I know)

> Running paster create -t plone3_buildout does much more if I remember well.

Not much more. But it's a _plone_ buildout, so I wouldn't expect any
less. :P

If you're just doing a zope egg, or a standard python egg, I don't think
this:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.1.1#creating-new-buildouts-and-bootstrapping

is too hard to do before you run paster create -t basic_namespace (or
whatever) in the src directory.

JJ