[Product-Developers] Limited access for different editors

persho g.persin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:30:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

the situation is a bit different:

I have a content type, let's call it CT_A. I have 3 groups of users that
both have the permission to edit and view CT_A, let's call them GROUP_AM,
GROUP_NZ and GROUP_all. Group_AM can only view and edit CT_A with TITLE's
first letter A-M and group_NZ from N-Z., group_all can view and edit all.
This must be very strict, it must not happen, that a person in group_nz
would anyhow see any CT_A item with title's first letter form a to m.

When adding a CT_A a validator should be made, to check the first letter of
a TITLE and the permission of the group, the editor is in, so if the editor
is in a wrong group, he would be informed about it. So this is not a
problem.

What about when viewing and searching CT_A? Each template should containg
tal:condition, that checks the permissions for the person viewing and the
first letter. This is not so elegant.

Does it make sense to create 2 CT's, like CT_A_am and CT_A_nz, that are
identical, so we get more permissons to add to different groups?

Thank you
Gabrijel