[Product-Developers] Workflow menu items included in edit page

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Tue Feb 3 17:58:59 UTC 2009

Previously Alex Clark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a client that wants to include the workflow menu in the
> edit page for their 'File' type (which I've extended via schemaextender).
> I'm inclined to say this is a bad idea for a variety of reasons, but
> assuming I want to try and make them happy, can anyone recommend
> an approach here? Including "forget it" :-) if appropriate.

It is perfectly sensible: editing content is often exactly the
moment when you want to make a decision on a workflow state.

I have implemented this using a viewlet which inserts the workflow
options at the bottom of the edit form, combined with an event handler
which processes that data on save.

Wichert.