[Product-Developers] Plone 4.0 trunk: buildout error installing PIL

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Tue Dec 29 22:16:39 UTC 2009

Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> Seems that the system installed PIL is not good for the buildout and
> it tries to override the system wide installation.
> The error appeared probably this week (not sure when I built last time
> without errors).
>
> What can I do?
Hanno recently updated a bunch of packages to make sure they accurately
list all their dependencies in setup.py -- including PIL.

Hanno, we might want to rethink the inclusion of PIL, since we know
installing PIL via distribute/setuptools doesn't work for various platforms.

In the meantime, Mirto, you can probably work around this by creating a
fake egg for PIL.

David

--
David Glick