[Product-Developers] Deleted all old unsubmitted products

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:57:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Tom <tmst at nethere.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 December 2009, Jon Stahl wrote:
>> In a fit of housecleaning, I deleted all products on Plone.org that
>> were more than about a year old, yet had never been submitted for
>> approval, as these were obviously stale and inactive.  Apologies in
>> advance if anyone was planning to come back to those.  No actual
>> released code was deleted, since these were all "unapproved"
>> products.
>>
>> :jon
>>
> No one can rightfully complain about sensible volunteer housekeeping. It
> should reduce the confusion when looking for a solid product.

Well, none of these deleted products ever made a public release, so it
won't actually reduce any confusion.  I have no plans to delete any
products that have made public releases, even if they are very
old/stale.

Thanks to some great work by Jordan "hexsprite" Baker, the
search/filter by Plone version compatibility field is now working
again at http://plone.org/products.   This should help a great deal.

> BTW, any stats on the deleted projects (count, average staleness) might
> be of interest.

There were about 120 products that I deleted, all had been created a
least a year ago and had never been submitted for publishing by the
authors.  A handful were duplicates of publicly-released products.

:jon