[Product-Developers] ZCML-registered template overrules read_permission

Kees Hink hink at gw20e.com
Wed Dec 16 16:47:43 UTC 2009

I have, on an Archetypes content type, a field 'instruction' with
'read_permission = "Set own password"'. The base_view template respects this
and does not show the field to Anonymous users.

However, my view class's template does not: The TAL snippet
<tal:instruction tal:define="instruction context/getInstruction | nothing">
</tal:instruction>
displays the field to anyone.

If i copy that template to the product's skins folder under a different name
and call that template, the field is not shown to Anonymous.

The view class and template are registered like this:
  <browser:page
     for="IMyInterface"
     name="MyView"
     class="Products.MyProduct.browser.MyView.MyView"
     template="templates/MyView.pt"
     permission="zope2.View"
     />

I also tried omitting the class directive, and that produced the same result.
So how come the field is displayed when the template is a ZCML-registered one?

Kees