[Product-Developers] plone.app.ldap not installable in Kubuntu 9.10

Mirto Silvio Busico mirtosilvio.busico at fastwebnet.it
Fri Dec 11 10:00:51 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) 64Bit.
Now I'm no more able to install (via buildout) plone.app.ldap

The problem seems to be that Kubuntu no more includes the openldap package.
Instead there is a libldap2-dev library that puts the include files in
/usr/include

Mybe I asked the wrong list. So I try here.

Hi all,

When I try to use the buildout it says that cannot find the openldap
include files. It looks in /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include

Here the log:
Installing
client1.
Getting distribution for
'python-ldap>=2.0.6'.
extra_compile_args:

extra_objects:

include_dirs: /usr/local/openldap-2.3/include /usr/include/sasl
library_dirs: /usr/local/openldap-2.3/lib
libs: ldap_r lber sasl2 ssl crypto
file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found
file Lib/ldap/schema.py (for module ldap.schema) not found
warning: no files found matching 'Makefile'
warning: no files found matching 'Modules/LICENSE'
file Lib/ldap.py (for module ldap) not found

The question is: how can I change include_dirs and library_dirs used by
the buildout?

Thanks
     Mirto