[Product-Developers] @property strips acquisition context

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Mon Aug 31 16:54:00 UTC 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Hedley Roos wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a Dexterity custom class. I decorate a method foo with
> @property
> but inside the method 'self' is not acquisition wrapped anymore. I'm
> sure the object is wrapped before my attempt to access ob.foo
>
> I'm sure it is not related to Dexterity but I mention it in case.
>
> So the question is: should I be surprised that it is not working?

This is a known side effect of the @property decorator.  Not sure what
the best workaround is.  Anyone?

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the
environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidglick at onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup