[Product-Developers] zc.buildout, substitution and templating

Encolpe Degoute encolpe.degoute at free.fr
Thu Aug 27 13:14:41 UTC 2009

Hello,

These last days I was using collective.recipe.template and
gocept.recipe.env.

The second one just update options with os.environ.
Unix shell having their own substitution methods then '${' appearing in
the .installed.cfg. It just blows if you try to rerun 'bin/buildout.

As zc.buildout is using something near string.template I patched
gocept.recipe.env to replace '$' by '$$' and collective.recipe.template
to replace '$$' by '$'.
As _sub method in builout just split text around '$$' and join it again
with '$$' we need to make the replacement with the result of this method.

Is it the good way to deal with escaping data ?
Or is this a bug of zc.buildout ?

Regards,
--
Encolpe DEGOUTE