[Product-Developers] Permissions for uploading new release to plone.org

JC Brand jc at opkode.com
Wed Aug 26 09:38:52 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I would like to upload a new tarball to a product registered on Plone.org.
http://plone.org/products/slc.publications/

I'm using Jarn's mkrelease app:

    mkrelease  -T -d plone  .

The problem is that this product (slc.publications) is owned by  someone
else in our company, Alex Pilz.
He has given me all the permissions possible via the product folder's
sharing tab (Edit, View, Review) but still I'm not able to upload the
new release.

I assume that I need the 'Manage add portal content' permission in this
context.

So my questions to you, the esteemed members of this mailing list, are:

Am I correct that I need the "add portal content" permission, and is
there a way that the project owner can give it to me?

Alternatively, is there another way that I can be allowed to upload new
releases to a product folder that I don't own?

Thanks!
J-C Brand