[Product-Developers] Dexterity computed fields

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 11:41:07 UTC 2009

I've been playing around with dexterity. I have a content type that's
title is supposed to be computed from other fields. I basically need
to (1) not display a title edit widget on the page and (2) still have
a nice id / short name computed.

I've tried a few different permutations without much success. These include
1. My own INameFromTitle behaviour for IMyContentType. I can't get it
to work due to ZCML configuration collisions though.
2. My own dexterity Item subclass so I can provide a title attribute.
3. def Title, def title (decorated with @property), a title attribute
that is not in the interface schema

I guess the last bit to explore is z3c.form and try to make the title
invisible and set it with an event handler.

If anyone (hint: Martin) can shed some light it will save me a lot of time.

Thanks
Hedley