[Product-Developers] collective.js.jqueryui and Plone3.3.

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Mon Aug 17 08:06:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

Some one has asked me to remove the dependency of collective.js.jqueryui
on collective.js.jquery. This dependency exists because Plone < 3.3
include an too old version of jquery for jqueryui requirements.

My feelings about this is to keep this dependency but I want discuss it
before.

My cons:
* Every buildout that has not pinned the version of jqueryui will be
broken. They must pin version or include collective.js.jquery explicitly.
* js are available throw browser resources, so the deps doesn't add them
in javascript tool (you need to apply the profil)

I think developers using jqueryui must update their products (or not) to
use the jquery  shipped with plone, but it's optimization only available
for Plone 3.3.

Next I don't know if a prefixed jquery (jq) instance can be used with
jqueryui.

So please what is your point of view ?

--
Cordialement,